Sunday, August 9, 2009

MiaLynn Madsen


She's here! Our little baby girl finally decided to come into this world and meet her family. She was born on friday July 31st at 1:17 pm. She weighs 6lbs 3 oz and is 19 1/2 inches long. Labor was a piece of cake and I am feeling great. Mia is doing awesome. She is a great sleeper and eater so we are very happy. Jayden loves his little sister and is adjusting to sharing his parents, but is doing very well. She is a tiny little girl and we love her very much!
Now for those of you that want to hear the labor story, here you go. My doctor stripped my membranes on wednesday, and that really started my contractions. I had contractions all eveing on wednesday and then they went away that night. Thursday I woke up not having contractions, but by the end of the day they were coming every 10 minutes and coming really hard. I knew they were real labor contractions because of the horrible cramping and pain I was in but wanted to wait until they got closer together to go to the hospital. Well, they continued on through the night, every 10 minutes and we should have just gone to the hospital but we didn't. The next day we were scheduled to go in and be induced so we just waited till morning to go. I didn't get any sleep thursday night though and that wasn't very fun. Friday we got a call from the hospital telling us to come in. So, we packed everything, left Jayden with my mom, and headed for the hospital. We got there at a 8:45 and they hooked me up and checked me, and I was dilated to a 7 and 85% effaced. I had dilated from a 4 on wednesday to a 7 on friday, so i was pretty much in labor for a couple days. A couple hours later at the hospital I was dilated to an 8 and very much ready for my epidural. I got the epidural, and then they started me on pitocin and the doctor broke my water around 12:30. By 1:10 I was a 10 and 100% effaced. At 1:12 I started pushing, pushed three times and at 1:17 my little girl was born. It was a wonderful experience. I didn't tear and my little girl is healthy, so we are very happy. She caught right on to nursing and I am very grateful for that. We are a little family of 4 now and life is good!














11 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations! She's so beautiful!

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

Congratulations! She is so precious! I am so happy for you!

Darren + Janessa said...

woo hoo! we love little girls. she is absolutely beautiful! i hope everything is going well! we want to come visit you guys soon! if thats ok? we called earlier today but no anwers! another night though? let me know if ya ever need anything!

Haylee said...

Congrats Nat! She is a doll! I'm glad everything went well for you and that you are all adjusting good.

The Wright Family said...

It's been a long time since I've seen you Natalie! You look great and your little girl is ADORABLE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The Wright Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike, Amber and Camden said...

Natalie!
I am so happy for you! What a cute family you have now! Jayden looks like such a good big brother! Mia looks like a little sweetheart...I can't wait till we are down again so we can come visit you guys! I hope that everything is going great..which I am sure it is.:) We are doing very good! Mike has a good new job up here and we are still really enjoying primerica. I love being so close to our family! What a blessing! I love ya .. and I am going to call you soon! have a great day!

Skylar and Janie Topham said...

She is so dang sweet I can't stand it! I love the pic with Jayden holding her - - How fun!

Whitney and Chris said...

Congratulations guys! She is precious!

wadeandjulie said...

she is beautiful!!! I want to hold her!!! Jayden looks like he is such a good big brother! So much fun! Congratulations Jeff, Natalie and Jayden...on your new little girl...and sister!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Congrats! She's is so cute!