Decemeber has come and gone and now it is the middle of January and I am just barley posting about Christmas. Wow, I'm behind. Anyway, we had a fabulous month of December. There were lots of fun times and memories that were made. In the middle of the month we went to Salt Lake to go to the Forgotten Carols with my family. It was a night of laughing and crying. We dedicated the night to my sister Amy since she loved the Forgotten Carols more than any of us. My mom did the sweetest thing for all of her kids. We went to dinner before the show and while we were eating my mom handed Hollie, Eric, me, and Chris an envelope and a present. Hollie was the first one to open the envelope and inside was a letter from Amy. My mom had written these letters to us as if they were from Amy in heaven, and it was the sweetest thing. Tears of joy and sadness were shed, but it was a sweet moment. The letters sounded just as if Amy had written it, telling us that she was happy, and to keep living life as we are. I loved it. In the present was a picture frame full of pictures of me and Amy and Amy and my kids. It was a gift that I will treasure always. I miss my sweet sister. I can't believe that it has been 4 and 1/2 months since she passed. I know that she is where she wants to be, and is so happy. I'm so grateful for this knowledge and I know I'll see her again. That just seem so far away. I can feel her watching over me and my family though and that is the greatest feeling. I can't wait to hear her laugh again, and to see her walk! What a sweet time that will be! Love you Amy!
On to the rest of the month now. We had a fun Christmas party with Jeff's family, building gingerbread house and eating yummy food. But we spent the Christmas holiday with my family in Salt Lake. It was a great time. Jayden was very fun this Christmas. He loved opening all the presents and eating all the sweets he could get his hands on.
MiaLynn had her 4 month doctors app. in December and these were her stats:
Weight: 11.3 lbs 5%
Height: 25 In 76%
The doctor was a little concerned about her weight and percentile so he sent me home with formula to supplement, and I started her on rice cereal. She went in last week to check if she had gained any weight and she had gained a pound so she's gaining and that's a good thing. She maybe small but she is one strong baby. She is almost sitting up all by herself now and loves to stand up and do sit ups and all sorts of crazy stuff. She's a fun little girl.
January for me is a time of reflection and goal making. I really am trying to set goals this year that I feel will make me a better person and that are reasonable so I will do them all year, instead of forgetting about them by the half year point. I'm excited because I feel really good about them and am motivated to be better and live a more full-filling life. Because life is good and I am so blessed and have a wonderful family that i get to take care of. What more could I ask for. I think 2010 will be an awesome year.
Christmas Dinner



Jayden opening presents

Jeffrey and the kids

Sweet MiaLynn ready for sledding!
1 comment:
I love love love all the pictures!!! Especially the one of you and Jeff at Christmas dinner... That's the Natalie I know and love! ha ha! Oh, I miss ya! Your kids are SO cute! I can't believe how fast time flies; they are getting so big. You look like you all are doing great. Except for the need I see in each of your faces for a nice trip to Disneyworld!
Love ya!
Post a Comment