A year ago today my sweet sister passed away. Today already has been a rough one. It's weird but I have felt like I am reliving the whole bitter/sweet experience again. I remember the call from my mom and the tears that were shed. I remember hugging my family and sharing tears with them. I remember seeing Amy for the first time and just wanting to shake her and wake her up. I remember going through pictures and crying a little more. I remember sitting around with my family laughing and crying for all the sweet memories we have of Amy. I remember the sacred experience me, my mom and my sister had while dressing Amy for her funeral. I will never forget the spirit that we felt there in that room with her. I remember family and friends that came over and shared their memories and love for Amy. I remember seeing family that I haven't seen for a long time. I remember closing the casket and feeling so helpless and sad that I won't get to see my sister again for awhile. I remember each of my siblings share their favorite past times of Amy and seeing them cry. I remember Jeffrey's poem that he wrote for Amy. I remember the amazing music that was performed at the funeral. I remember how sad it is to not have Amy there when we get together as a family. We miss her a lot. Through everything what I remember most,(and what I hold on too) is the peace I have in my heart knowing the plan of Salvation and that I will see my sweet sister again. She is happier than she ever was here on earth and that makes me happy. She is dancing with angels and singing in the heavenly choir, and I know she is watching over me and my family. I love you Amy and I miss you.
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow.. tear jerker. thanks for sharing.
just think how cool it will be to see her again!
what a tender post of the love you have for sweet Amy! I loved that girl, she was always ready to give me a hug when I came over.
That was such a loving post about your sister. Doesn't it make you feel so blessed for the knowledge you have, knowing she is in a better place, that she is happy and knowing that you will see her again! and how amazing that will be!!!
Oh Nat! What a very sweet post. Amy sure loved you. Our gospel is so amazing. I am so glad that we will all be able to see that sweet Amy again.I sure miss seeing Amy. I miss taking her 4 wheeling across my lawn in her wheel chair, I miss her sarcastic little remarks, her smile, her laugh, She is so loved. I am sure she is watching over your family. Heaven is sure lucky to have her.
Post a Comment