We have had some really nice weather in the last couple weeks, and some really cold weather. We have definitely taken advantaged of the nice days. I still can't believe that it can be 60 degrees in February. Jayden and Mia love to go outside and play. Jayden got a new bike for Christmas, called the Strider, and he loves it. Every time we go outside that is what he wants to do. Saturday was a very nice day, and we used the sunshine to work in our front and backyard. I trimmed all the bushes and weeded the front, while Jeff worked on the landscaping in the backyard. We got a lot done, which is very nice. It has made me very excited for spring to come. For everything to turn green again, for gardening and planting flowers, and of course getting some color on my pale skin. I don't want it to get to warm to soon though. Then it gets hot to fast and I'm not a fan of that at all! After we finished working for the day the wind started up and Jeff had a great idea to get our kites out and show the kids how to fly them. I got Jeff a dragon kite while we were dating and I had a butterfly one that we had kept. Jayden loved that we had a dragon kite and Mia loved the butterfly. It was so fun so see the kids faces when the kites soared in the sky. The dragon had a hard time flying at first, but Jeff finally got it to go. The butterfly flew as soon as we let it go. Jayden and Mia both got to hold the spindle and fly the kite by themselves. It was a blast. Since then Jayden asks almost everyday if we can go fly kites. I guess that Hurricane wind is good for one thing!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Kite Flying in February
We have had some really nice weather in the last couple weeks, and some really cold weather. We have definitely taken advantaged of the nice days. I still can't believe that it can be 60 degrees in February. Jayden and Mia love to go outside and play. Jayden got a new bike for Christmas, called the Strider, and he loves it. Every time we go outside that is what he wants to do. Saturday was a very nice day, and we used the sunshine to work in our front and backyard. I trimmed all the bushes and weeded the front, while Jeff worked on the landscaping in the backyard. We got a lot done, which is very nice. It has made me very excited for spring to come. For everything to turn green again, for gardening and planting flowers, and of course getting some color on my pale skin. I don't want it to get to warm to soon though. Then it gets hot to fast and I'm not a fan of that at all! After we finished working for the day the wind started up and Jeff had a great idea to get our kites out and show the kids how to fly them. I got Jeff a dragon kite while we were dating and I had a butterfly one that we had kept. Jayden loved that we had a dragon kite and Mia loved the butterfly. It was so fun so see the kids faces when the kites soared in the sky. The dragon had a hard time flying at first, but Jeff finally got it to go. The butterfly flew as soon as we let it go. Jayden and Mia both got to hold the spindle and fly the kite by themselves. It was a blast. Since then Jayden asks almost everyday if we can go fly kites. I guess that Hurricane wind is good for one thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!!! You updated your blog...yay!!!
For some reason flying kites has never crossed my mind. I just hate the wind, and never thought to take advantage of it. Good idea Jeff!!
Cute pictures!!
Post a Comment