Thursday, February 10, 2011

Monkeys Jumping on the bed

I have two of the best kids that anyone could ask for. They are my joy and my everything. I love being their mom more and more everyday. Life as a mom is always interesting and fun. There is always a mess to clean up, laundry to do, and floors to be cleaned, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel so very blessed be able to stay home with my kids. I wouldn't have it any other way and am so grateful for all that Jeffrey does to make that possible for me. Jayden and Mia are growing up so fast.
Jeff and I look at Jayden and can't believe how big he is now. He is 3 years old and he is amazing! He's of course still awesome at every sport that comes his way. He can't wait to be on a soccer team someday. Jeff and him have been practicing his kick for the past week. He can throw a ball in the air and hit it with a baseball bat as it comes down. And I don't mean a little hit, he hits it hard. He can throw and catch a football, and swing his best at a golf ball. I mean this kid is everything that Jeff could have ever wanted as a son. He loves to draw and is learning how to draw all sorts of things. Right now he likes to draw his family. He's getting the stick figures down better everyday. He loves to play with his blocks and build all sorts of different things. Most of the time he builds a gun for each one of us so we can run around the house shooting the imaginary bad guys. He is an awesome napper, and goes to bed really well now too. Him and Mia play together all day long. He is a great big brother and is pretty protective of Mia when we are around other kids. He is learning more everyday. We work with him on his alphabet and numbers. He knows all the sounds of the alphabet and can count to 15 all by himself sometimes higher. He struggles with his shapes and colors, but that is coming. Jeff and I think it is funny that he can name every different kind of ball that there is, but when it comes to naming his shapes everything seems to be a triangle. He is a funny boy. He is a sunbeam now and his teachers love him. He is a very good boy in church and listens to his teachers. He is very obedient at home as well, and a big helper. He has a list of chores that he does and he does them so well. I am so proud of him and the sweet little boy that he is!
Mia is also getting to be so big. She is 18 months and loves life and her big brother. She chases him around all day, trying to do everything that he does. She talks like a minion off of the movie Despicable Me and we love it. She it starting to say more and more words and it's fun to hear her. I love it when she says love you, it melts my heart every time. The other day I was holding her and she gave me a big hug and said love you with out me even asking her too. It was precious. She is running and trying her hardest to jump. She see's jayden doing it all the time and is doing her best to follow in his footsteps. She loves her babies. She loves to feed them and put them in their bed with their blankets. She also loves stuffed animals. She loves to go in Jaydens room and get as many books out as she can and read them. She is a big eater, and eats about anything that I put on her plate. I love this quality in her. It makes meal time so much easier for me. She loves to be outside with her brother. She loves the tramp and could stay on it for hours. The other day she saw Jayden get off all by himself and decided that she needed to do that too. Jeff caught her hanging off the side of the tramp just before she was going to drop. When she is in the mood she will cuddle with me for a long time. She sings I am a Child of God, and it is the cutest thing ever. I just love this little girl. She is our little drama queen sometimes but that just comes with being a girl right? I think her little girl moments are funny. She is so fun and Jeff and I love her so much!
Each morning starts with the best thing that it possibly could. Two wonderful children who make us smile and who helps us try to be the best parents that we can be. Jeff and I thank our Heavenly Father every night for our wonderful children and the joy that they bring into our lives. We couldn't imagine life without them, and we can't wait to welcome our new little girl into our family in May. Life is good and we are happy!
One morning Jayden got every pillow that he could find in the house and put them on the floor in my room. Him and Mia had a blast jumping off my bed into the big pile of pillows. They did it over and over and over again, enjoying every time they fell into the pillows. Isn't being a kid the coolest! I remember doing this when I was little. Why do we have to get bigger? I wish my kids would stay this little always. They are so much fun and have such great imaginations!




1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Way cute post! Jayden is for sure going to be a major little MVP! Your guys kids are beyond adorable!