So here is the sad story. We went up to Salt Lake for New Years to spend time with my family, and had an absolute blast. We spent New years eve with Laurice, Eric, and Amy playing games, and had christmas with everyone on New Years day. It was wonderful. Then we went to Jeff's family cabin in Heber and went sledding, played games, ate great food, and watched movies. We loved everything that we did. Well on Sunday, we were packing up to head home when tragedy happened. I was taking all of our stuff out to the truck so Jeff could load it. Jayden was inside my mom's house just playing and being a good boy. Well this one particular time I opened the door and Jayden must have been standing in front of the door on the opposite side, because i knocked him over. I thought he might be there so i opened the door slowly, but as soon as he hit the ground he started screaming. I looked around to see if he was hurt and I sadly found his poor little thumb torn to pieces. I started yelling Jeff's name, and him and my mom came to see what was wrong. Jayden's thumb was gushing with blood so we wiped it off to see how bad it was, and it was bad. Jeff and I rushed to the emergency room, as Jayden was in my arms crying the whole way there. We got right in obviously, cause we had a screaming baby, and the doctor said right away that he would need to numb him and put stitches in his little thumb. I was heart broken. My sweet little boy wasn't supposed to go through anything like this yet. That was for a few years down the road. Anyway, Jayden endured it and so did I. The worst part was when the doctor numbed his thumb. It was horrible. Then we had to wait of course to see if anything was broken, and nothing was. Then he got stitched up. He has 5 stitches on the outside of his thumb and 3 stitches on the inside. 8 stitches is his tiny finger. It is so sad. The emergency room was the worst part of the whole experience though. Jayden has done so well this week with his wounded hand. He has had a bandage on his hand all week until today, when i took it off so it could heal more. He is very cautious with the things that he does with that hand but does so great. He hasn't seemed to be in pain at all which is wonderful. I've had stitches in my finger before and it hurts, so I know that he is a trooper. He will get his stitches out next tuesday! We live and learn from these things, accidents happen right? :)
The front of his thumb
The Stitch Job
Smiling after it's all done
This is what we think cut his hand. He must of had his thumb in the circle of the bell and when I opened the door it ripped his thumb out cutting him. The edges of the circle are very sharp.
Still smiling, my brave little boy, and can still play with a basketball even though he has a stub for one hand!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OHHH poor guy!! It is so scary when your child gets hurt. But don't worry, I have had Jackson into the emergancy room before too (its a story on my blog... don't know if you have seen it. He fell out of a 2 story window a couple of months ago. Luckily he was just fine)
He also burnt his hand once in the tub (not bad... enough to scare the momma though) It is tragic seeing your sweet child hurt though! sounds like he is doing good though, tough little guy!
Awww that is a sad story! His poor little stub. What a little trooper. Hopefully you won't have too much post tarumatic stress. A good thing is he's not old enough to remember it. From now on I'll beware of bells! :)
Oh.. poor little man! But, look how tough he was! I hope he is healing good.
That looks like it hurt. As Melissa and I were told with the many trips Colton has had between the broken arm to the stitches in his upper lip, detail on our blog, "Boys will be boys."
Poor guy! I guess you know never to buy those bells! Who knew what a hazard they would be. Glad to see he's doing ok though.
Tough guy! He will have a cool scar to show off when he is older. Guys think scars are tough. See you later.-toni
Post a Comment